jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Ben.Thomp...@nt.gov.au
Subject RE: Maintenance Question
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:24:43 GMT
>From another mainframe site..... good too see more people using a wiki on the
mainframe

We don't recycle tomcat or the wiki for backups, like Harry we just take a DSS
DUMP of the HFS datasets
every night and keep several versions

We just write out the wiki and tomcat logs to the /tmp directory, this is a
TEMPORARY FILE SYSTEM and is cleaned up at IPL time or to SPOOL

On a side question  what versions of TOMCAT, JSPWiki and JAVA are you running?

TOMCAT 5.5.26
JSPWiki v2.6.4
Java J5.0_64

Thanks

Benjamin Thompson
Systems Programmer
Department of Business and Employment
Northern Territory Government of Australia
Phone:  +61 (08) 8999 7693  Fax: +61 (08) 8999 7493
e-Mail:  Ben.Thompson@nt.gov.au
www.nt.gov.au

             "Duncan, Terry"
             <Terry.Duncan@53.co
             m>                                                              To
                                         <jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org>
             25/09/2008 12:48 AM                                             cc

                                                                        Subject
              Please respond to          RE: Maintenance Question
             jspwiki-user@incuba
               tor.apache.org

Thanks for the input Harry !

I really didn't want to have to cycle the task in order to get the backup
either..... but since we, from time to time, move TOMCAT from system to system,
I couldn't get the DSS backup to work unless I ran it on the system where the
Wiki was running..... The only way to ensure that was to put it in the Wiki PROC
and cycle to get the backup.

Thanks for the cleanup help !
Terry