jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unit test WikiEngineTest.testSpacedNames1 fails on case-sensitive operating systems
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:36:35 GMT
Could you be a bit more specific on this ?
On Linux this test for JSPWiki 2.6.4 fails exactly the same.
Now I know that Windows (NTFS) is less or more case-insensitive, and I guess
MacOS is also case insensitive (not sure).

As far as I have seen JSPWiki currently is case sensitive, you can have two
pages "This is a test" and also "This Is A Test".
If you mean that JSPWiki should behave completely case insensitive, which
page from the two above should be selected ?
I just created three pages on the sandbox (
http://sandbox.jspwiki.org/Wiki.jsp?page=This%20is%20a%20case%20test) with
the same name if case would not be honored, if we would change JSPWiki's
behavior with regard to file name case sensitivity, we would have a
challenge I think.
The problem is that I can't easily test JSPWiki on non-*nix type systems,
can these three files also be created on MacOS or Windows ?

regards,
Harry

--
met vriendelijke groet,