jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mein <cdm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject JBoss/MySQL combination - cannot create new users
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:19:48 GMT
Hi

I am running JBoss 4.0.5.GA with MySQL 5.0.27. I have installed JSPWiki and reconfigured the
security to use a MySQL datasource (I followed along the Oracle installation instructions
- http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/JDBCSecurityWithOracle). Everything seems fine and I get
the debugging messages:

[UserManager] Attempting to load user database class com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.JDBCUserDatabase
[AbstractUserDatabase] JDBCUserDatabase initialized from JNDI DataSource: jdbc/UserDatabase
[AbstractUserDatabase] JDBCUserDatabase supports transactions. Good; we will use them.
[UserManager] UserDatabase initialized.

After setting up the JAAS configuration in the JBoss login-config.xml file as documented here
(http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/Security#section-Security-CustomizingJSPWikiSJAASConfiguration)
I went through the JSPWiki front end I created an account called test. I can see when I run
a select on the wiki_users database table and I can also log in correctly.

However if I try and create a row in the database directly I can never log in with this user.
I have simply copied the test record data into a temporary table and then re-inserted it into
the users table.

The only thing I can notice is that when I log in as 'test' I get a debug line like:

INFO [SecurityLog] WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@132c515,
princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal test, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@13f7175]

When I log in as 'test2' (the copied record) I get:

ERROR [SecurityLog] WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_FAILED [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@132c515,
princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal 127.0.0.1, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@13f7175]

Why is the WikiPrincipal different? What is the WikiPrincipal? Help?

I have hundreds of users I need to script the generation of, hence my headache...

Thanks in advance

Chris Mein

Not happy with your email address?.