jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From T E Reisler <...@ihear.com>
Subject Re: UTF-8 not rendered in wiki page
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:49:42 GMT
On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 20:22 +0200, Florian Holeczek wrote:
> I'm running JSPWiki 2.7.0-alpha-3 in a Tomcat 6.0.16 on my Windows XP
> machine and the copyright sign may be inserted in a page without
> problems. Maybe it's even browser dependent then? I'm using FF 3.0.1
> and IE7.
> Or maybe the copyright sign is a bad example? Maybe it's member of
> ISO8859-1, too?

Now that I have fallen back to the defaults, I can't break it even with
non-BMP characters. So it looks like if you want more than the ISO8859-1
charset, you stick with ISO8859-1 encoding! The browsers (Hardy Heron
Firefox 3 in my case) are "smart" enought to encode such characters as
good old ASCII &#D. I can sort of see the contorted logic there.

ter