jspwiki-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From T E Reisler <...@ihear.com>
Subject Re: UTF-8 not rendered in wiki page
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:59:16 GMT
On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 09:22 +0200, Florian Holeczek wrote:
> Hallo Ter,
> 
> > I have turned on tomcat uriencoding (but that shouldn't affect page
> > content),
> 
> It does... the page content has to be submitted to the server.
> In fact, you should add this setting to every involved Connector in
> your server.xml. See http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TomcatAndUTF8
> 
I didn't quite understand all the intricacies. But the situation is a
little more complicated than URIEncoding. See
http://readlist.com/lists/tomcat.apache.org/users/8/44574.html and
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/HTTPCharset/index.html .
>>From what I can tell (I may be wrong, havne't read that carefully),
JSPWiki assumes POST requests would come to it from the container in
UTF-8 if you specify ´╗┐jspwiki.encoding =UTF-8. But tomcat6 (what I use)
still decodes POSTs in ISO8859-1, regardless of ´╗┐URIEncoding. Apparently
Sun's containers handle this "correctly", so it seems to be a container
issue, and not a JSPWiki issue.

My work-around is to fall back to the default JSPWiki encoding, and the
usual default browser encoding (which would be the case for most
clients). It works now. At this point, I am opting for getting correct
current content, and giving up on UTF-8. Hope I'll remember this when
things start breaking in the future.

Thanks, I'll be happy to make an entry to some sweet spot on the wiki if
that is desirable.

ter


Mime
View raw message