jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki - Attachments - issue with IE browser
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:13:09 GMT

The trunk contains a fix for this, though I still think there's
something wrong in your setup, since I have not seen this EVER occur
on 2.6 before.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/src/com/ecyrd/
jspwiki/attachment/AttachmentManager.java

and validateFileName() method.

Then insert the suitable code into AttachmentServlet.  You should see
where it is.

/Janne

On 5 Jun 2008, at 19:45, Ramya KGrama wrote:

> [...]
> just before it writes to the attachment's properties file: - as below:
>
>     /**
>      *  Writes the page properties back to the file system.
>      *  Note that it WILL overwrite any previous properties.
>      */
>     private void putPageProperties( Attachment att, Properties
> properties )
>         throws IOException,
>                ProviderException
>     {
>         File attDir = findAttachmentDir( att );
>         File propertyFile = new File( attDir, PROPERTY_FILE );
>
>         OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream( propertyFile );
>

>     String attRelativeName = att.getFileName();
>     int slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf("\\");
>     if (slash != -1)
>         attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);
>
>     slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf("/");
>     if (slash != -1)
>         attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);
>
>     slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf(":");
>     if (slash != -1)
>         attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);
>         properties.store( out,
>                           " JSPWiki page properties for "+
>                           attRelativeName+
>                           ". DO NOT MODIFY!" );
>
> /*        properties.store( out,
>                           " JSPWiki page properties for "+
>                           att.getName()+
>                           ". DO NOT MODIFY!" );
> */
>         out.close();
>     }
> Am I going in the right direction?
> I am just hoping this change doesnt have any side effect.
>
> Your immediate help is greatly appreciated! I have spent way too
> much time
> on this already and havent made ANY progress.
> Thanks!
> Ramya
>
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Janne Jalkanen
> <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Setting it to localhost: is in general a bad idea.  Use the full
>> name of
>> the machine.
>>
>> As to the full path name being used, that is fixed in the latest
>> SVN trunk.
>>  I'm actually a bit surprised that you should see it in 2.6, since
>> it's
>> using a different upload library, the same we've been using for
>> years, and
>> so far nobody has complained about the same thing.  It didn't
>> surface until
>> we moved to the Apache fileupload library.
>>
>> Are you sure you are using 2.6.x instead of 2.7?
>>
>> /Janne
>>

>> On Jun 4, 2008, at 22:31 , Ramya KGrama wrote:
>>
>>  I do have the baseURL set to http://localhost:8888/JSPWiki
>>> It is the same machine name as localhost. We tried both options.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Harry Metske
>>> <harry.metske@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  You have to configure your baseURL to the value you use in your

IE