jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Hyperlinks starting with file:
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 10:07:33 GMT
Not sure about IE, but here is a link regarding FF:
http://www.petersblog.org/node/1049

<sakari.aaltonen@tkk.fi> wrote:
Lainaus Florian Holeczek <florian@holeczek.de>:

> Hallo Sakari,
>
> I guess this is for security reasons, because file:// doesn't
> necessarily mean your computer, but the page requester's computer in
> general.
>
> I've once been experimenting with this and used the following InterWiki
> link in jspwiki.properties:
>
> jspwiki.interWikiRef.WindowsShare = file:///%s
>
> You can then define a link via [WindowsShare:c:/bla/xyz.txt] in your
> wiki pages.
>
> This link then appears correctly in the HTML code, but it seems as if
> modern browsers block it (clicking on it doesn't do anything in IE7
> and Firefox 2). However, this feature may be configurable.

I tried this, but there doesn't seem to be any real difference, as
just writing file: (directly) in the JSPWiki link results in HTML code
that is practically identical with that produced by the WindowsShare
explained above (just two instead of three slashes.) The browser
behavior is identical, too.

Apparently, something else is needed to make the browser launch an
application when needed (according to file type), which is what I'm
after here.

Thank you anyway,
Sakari Aaltonen