jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From sakari.aalto...@tkk.fi
Subject Collecting (and organizing) mail messages
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 07:12:52 GMT
One of our organization's current methods of internal communications
is a mailing list. For some purposes, it's good enough; for others,
not really.

One example of the latter is various documents that should be kept
somewhere easily accessible (for months, even years). They are
currently "published" on the mailing list, but keeping (storing) them
is the responsibility of the individual recipients. Not good, right?

So we thought of using our wiki (currently under construction). Now,
one of the strong points of the mailing list is the ease with which it
lets people distribute stuff. Say, a person receives a document
attached to an email (from somewhere) and wants to let the whole
organization see it. Simple - just forward it to the mailing list.

Could JSPWiki help in this? Say, receive mail (with attachments) from
the list and store it, as mentioned above, easily accessible? There
would, then, be no need for individual users to store such mail...

Thank you for any pointers,
Sakari Aaltonen