jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From sakari.aalto...@tkk.fi
Subject RE: Hyperlinks starting with file:
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 09:32:31 GMT
Quoting Gavin Goldsmith <ggoldsmith@pnp.co.za>:

> Perhaps JSPWiki/tomcat has no permissions to save the attachments. Take
> a look at the following 2 items in the jspwiki.properties file:
>    jspwiki.attachmentProvider = BasicAttachmentProvider
>    jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir =
> /JSPWiki/user_attachments
>
> See that they are set and that the relevant permissions are set.

Indeed, this seems to have been the root cause, as the
jspwiki.properties file's relevant line read
     jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir = /p/web/www-data/jspwiki/
which (obviously) did not point to anything useful on my machine.

Once I corrected it, attachments started working in the way I expected
them to. However, Janne J mentioned <templates> in an earlier mail as
being the cause of the attachments being "hidden" under the Attach
button/tab. But which <template> is responsible for this?  How can
attachments be listed on the page itself, immediately visible?

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen