jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Ryan L Brissette <rlbri...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Search on jspwiki.org
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:35:14 GMT

I was wondering if the search issues on jspwiki.org had been resolved, and
if they had been what the resolution was.

Thank you,
Ryan Brissette

  From:       Murray Altheim <murray07@altheim.com>

  To:         jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

  Date:       04/02/2008 03:34 PM

  Subject:    Re: Search on jspwiki.org

I don't have much time in the next week for any investigation, but a
write.lock on Lucene sounds like either a permissions problem or someone
may be running multiple wikis on the same server. My guess is that since
the IndexWriter's init() method isn't very complicated, it probably
wouldn't run at all if there weren't adequate permissions on the /temp
directory, so this is perhaps a multiple wiki issue? Dunno.

I'm not sure which Lucene version is being used (line 254 doesn't match
the version of the code I have handy) but this is probably where the
problem arises, in IndexWriter's init():

     if (create) {
       // Clear the write lock in case it's leftover:
       directory.clearLock(IndexWriter.WRITE_LOCK_NAME);
     }

     Lock writeLock = directory.makeLock(IndexWriter.WRITE_LOCK_NAME);
 >   if (!writeLock.obtain(writeLockTimeout)) // obtain write lock
       throw new LockObtainFailedException("Index locked for write: " +
writeLock);
     this.writeLock = writeLock;                   // save it

which would indicate either multiple LuceneSearchProviders trying to hit
the same directory or inadequate permissions.

Hope that's of some help,

Murray

Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> I seem to be getting these as well.  I don't know what is going on - any
> Lucene experts here?
>
> /Janne
>
> On 2 Apr 2008, at 18:29, Ryan L Brissette wrote:
>> I tried running the reindex through the browser and ended up with a
>> log full of:
>>
>> 2008-04-02 09:20:57,812 [JSPWiki Lucene Indexer] ERROR
>> com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider - Unable to update page
>> '<page>' from Lucene index
>> java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
>> Lock@/home/rlbrisse/jspwiki_beta/apache-tomcat-6.0.13
/temp/lucene-858b3db6fe9c079960083fc94c69a1a4-write.lock

>> at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:56)
>> at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:254)
>> at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:204)
>> at

com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider.updateLuceneIndex(LuceneSearchProvider.java:361)

>> at

com.ecyrd.jspwiki.search.LuceneSearchProvider$LuceneUpdater.backgroundTask(LuceneSearchProvider.java:720)

>> at

com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WikiBackgroundThread.run(WikiBackgroundThread.java:135)

>> anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It appears that I can
>> index the page titles, but not the content

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record