jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting JSPWiki over Windows XP
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:30:12 GMT
ALBERTO MARTINEZ wrote:

> Apache Friends (the creators of Xampp) call "Tomcat Plugin" to the
> files and configuration neccesaries to link Xampp installation of
> Apache+MySql to JVM and Tomcat. I'm using Java EE 5 SDK.

mmm. OK. It would be useful to know what version of Tomcat, at least
for future troubleshooting, but...

> I have checked tomcat-users.xml. It must be "plain text", right? In
> my server, this file is a binary file full of zeroes. Can this be the
> problem?

Yes, absolutely. It should look something like

<tomcat-users>
   <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
   <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
   <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>

The values aren't important if you're not using container-managed
authentication (or using a different auth database) but it must be
proper xml.

Are you running this on a network drive by any chance?

Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.