jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: JVM stuff
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:03:03 GMT
> Are you saying that running stress testing under JMeter does not
> cause it to go to noddy land? i.e. the behavior is not reproduced
> in 'controlled conditions'?

Yup.  I've used JMeter and JProfiler successfully in weeding out some
issues with synchronization, but those should be gone with 2.6.

> In that case I would be looking at what's the last thing in the
> logs before it freezes. Any patterns there?

Not that I can see.  It is probably a combination of timings, and
also some effects from other load of the computer (e.g. lots of spam
mail coming in => spamassassin runs => high amount of disk access =>
lots of load)

> Otherwise, even using the Apache logs might not be enough because
> (presumably) that would not contain the actual content of form posts.

Yes.

> Sounds like a big ask on your box!!  Does not Apache Incubator
> offer hosting you can take advantage of?

I would certainly hope so.

/Janne