jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Steve Dahl <d...@goshawk.com>
Subject Lost page contents
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:01:27 GMT
Two weeks ago, running JSPWiki 2.6.1, our wiki twice lost the
contents of the Main page. All that was left was a single line break.
No one was editing the Main page at the time, and there's nothing in
the log file about an edit of the Main page having been saved at that
time. The user who's listed as modifying the page (different users
each time) says he wasn't working on that page at the time.

We had a few weeks of success, and then it happened again twice
today. Again, the log is not explicit about the Main page being
modified.

Of the four times this has happened, three times some other page has
been renamed at the same time, and the fourth time some other page
was edited at almost the same time as the modification time of the
Main page. I'm not sure whether any of those are significant or just
coincidences.

If this has not already been reported, what's the next step for
tracking this down? Would increasing the level of detail in the log
be likely to help?

Given that this happens infrequently, I don't expect to be able to
trap it very quickly, but if it's going to keep happening, we don't
want to write it off as a one time thing.