jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Milton Taylor <mcto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about installing
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:43:58 GMT
My feeling is that neither JDK 5 or 6 should exhibit this behavior. I
have an app that is deployed under JDK6 that typically has 50 concurrent
users hitting it every 30 secs 24x7 and I don't see this sort of issue.
The only problem I've had is growth in the PermGen pool which eventually
can cause an out of permgen exception, but that's after at least a
couple of weeks, and does not exhibit as a freeze-up.

When you say it gets 'stuck', for how long does it get stuck?

Out of interest, are you using the client or the server vm?

Could this just be a GC tuning issue? The client VM could spend a lot of
time doing a garbage collect. How much RAM do you have in the machine,
and how big is the Java heap? (-mx)