jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Craig Rosenberg <craig.s.rosenb...@boeing.com>
Subject Applets not displaying on the LeftMenu
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:13:49 GMT

I have an applet that displays perfectly in my JSP wiki pages but does not
display when I try to put it on the LeftMenu.  Is there any reason why I
should not be able to display a working applet on the LeftMenu?   I am using
the SBaltesPlugins.jar to support displaying applets.

Here is how I am calling the applet either when on a standard page or on the
LeftMenu:

[{Applet code='com.boeing.avatar.GameControllerCommunicator'
archive='AvatarApplets.jar' width='170' height='200'}]

Here are the java errors that I am getting:

load: class com.boeing.avatar.GameControllerCommunicator not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.boeing.avatar.GameControllerCommunicator
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	... 10 more

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.