jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey Kakunin" <akaku...@emdev.ru>
Subject Loading all pages during JspWiki start
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:18:25 GMT
Hello JspWiki users.

First of all I want to congratulate JspWiki team with joining into Apache
project. I really hope JspWiki will leave incubator status very soon and
will become a "Normal" Apache Project.

We are using JspWiki quite a lot in our development, and met one problem:
Then JspWiki starts - it loads all pages...
This happens in WikiEngine.initReferenceManager - it loads all pages from
provider - and move them into reference Manager.

Problems are:
1. PageProvider may be very slow (like svn page provider used in some
projects)
2. There may be MANY pages, so, loading all of them may produce memory
problems.

In any case - this solution produce long time for starting JspWiki.

Are any way or plans to avoid this loading - or make it configurable?

We are using 2.4.102 - but as I saw - same code exists in current last
sources.

If it will require any development - we can do it - but - it will be better
it this job will be managed by somebody from JspWiki team.

--
With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin