jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: EmoticonsFilter in 2.6.0
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:46:23 GMT
> Even the log says:
> > INFO com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiEngine  - Added page filter org.stringfellow.jspwiki.emoticons.Filter
with priority 0

> However, emoticons in my wiki pages won't be transformed.
>
> Anybody knows what could be the problem?

2.6 and 2.4 PageFilters are not API compatible.  You will need to
recompile the Filter.  This is a pretty straightforward process,
though, and it would be cool if someone could make it their job to
update 2.4 filters to 2.6.

(The reason for this is that the initialize() method didn't include a
WikiEngine object, which made it essentially useless.  Also, a new
destroy() method was added.  However, as Java does not have Java API
versioning, there's really no way to know if the API works or not.  We
might be able to resolve this with custom Annotations in the future
(like @WorksWith2.6 or whatever).

/Janne