jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: www.jspwiki.org not responding
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:42:44 GMT
then mod_bw might solve it with the MaxConnection option :

 3.8 - MaxConnection [From] [Max]

    This takes 2 parameters. From is the origin of the connections. It could
   be a full host, part of a domain, an ip address, a network mask (i.e
   192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0) or all.
    The second parameter, is the max connections allowed from the origin.
Any
   connection over Max, will get a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

    There is a catch. You NEED to have a BandWidth limit for the same
origin.
   It doesnt need to be a low limit. You can use an unlimited setting.
    You might wonder why. It's because im using them same memory space of
the
   bandwidth limit, to count the connections, so i can save memory space.
    If you dont put a BandWidth using the same origin, MaxConnections will
be
   ignored.

   Example :
              BandWidth all 0
              MaxConnection all 20
    or
              BandWidth all 0
              BandWidth 192.168.0.0/24 10240
              MaxConnection all 20
              MaxConnection 192.168.0.0/24 5

    As for version 0.8, an user agent matching capability was introduced.
    If you want to limit all clients using certain browser, you can limit
    doing this :

            MaxConnection u:[User-Agent] [Max]

    User agent is a regular expression which will match the one sent by the
    browser. This is easier to explain with examples :

   Example :
            MaxConnection "u:^Mozilla/5(.*)" 5
            MaxConnection "u:wget" 5

     First one, will match a browser that identifies itself as
Mozilla/5(etc)
     Second one, will match a browser that has wget in any part of its id.

  Please, rememeber that every speed, will depend mostly on your connection.
 You cant get more speed if you dont have it.

  Remember also.. if you dont follow the instructions, and get some weird
 results, recheck your config before sending me an email.

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske