jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Miranda <clau...@claudius.com.br>
Subject Cancel attachment download throws a exception
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:56:39 GMT

At my website there are some attachments, and I have noted when users start
do download them and cancel it, there is an exception at the end of message
(the relevant part is posted)

jspwiki 2.4.102
jetty server 6.1.5
JDK 1.6u03
solaris x86 (32 bits)

Looking at AttachmentServlet at 342 line,

catch( IOException ioe )
{
	//
	//  Client dropped the connection or something else happened
	//
	msg = "Error: " + ioe.getMessage();
	log.info("I/O exception during download",ioe);
	res.sendError( HttpServletResponse.SC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR,
					msg );
	return;
}

    I understand that as some IOException happened, there is no possible way
to determine what caused the IOE, and as this is a simple download, I ask if
is necessary to throw a internal server error to the web server, instead to
simple logging it (and the remove the res.sendError line)

    I have no idea if other users are experiencing this behavior, but the
only issue is log polluting.

mortbay.log - Committed before 500 Error: timeout
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:990)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:238)
        at
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.attachment.AttachmentServlet.doGet(AttachmentServlet.java:342)

ERROR mortbay.log - Nested in javax.servlet.ServletException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:990)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:238)
        at
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.attachment.AttachmentServlet.doGet(AttachmentServlet.java:342)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.dav.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:152)

ERROR mortbay.log -
/attach/Palestras/performance%20em%20java_claudio%2Bmiranda.pdf