jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking Alpha
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:27:29 GMT
Dirk,

The culprit on the double-submit Javascript issues appears to be with
the snip-editor. If you use a non-existent textarea variable name in
line 61 in jspwiki-edit.js (part of var WikEdit), for example:

		var txta = $('wikiTexts'),

...then the problem goes away. This is blunt fix, not a permanent one.

I suspect the root cause is this section, which comes later in the file:

				.addEvent('change', self.onChangeTXTA.bind( self ) );
				// Make sure to catch ALL {{change}} events, and copy the
				// content of txta back to the main textarea.
				// This includes the ''last'' change event, just before firing
				// the submit event of the form.

But I am not a JavaScript guru, and don't know how to really fix this.
If/when you get your webapp running, this is probably what needs
fixing.

In the meantime, I'll upload the temporary fix later today. (I'll also
do a little light housecleaning, such removal of the sneak-preview JS
code, which is made redundant with the new Strips preview AJAX calls.)

Andrew

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Andrew Jaquith
<andrew.r.jaquith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all -- with the most recent checkins, I knocked #5 and #6 off the list.
> So, the WikiBackgroundThreads are now JMX-triggered classes. And
> StripesURLConstructor is now the default (and only allowed) URLConstructor.
> Amazingly, after I eliminated one dumb bug, it passed 198 out of 200
> JSPWikiMarkupParser tests. (Two pesky Scandic tests aren't passing...)
>
> I'll focus next on eliminating the 55 or so failing tests, and possibly the
> JSON death issue.
>
> Andrew
>
> On Feb 7, 2010, at 16:58, Dirk Frederickx <dirk.frederickx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The improvements on the .jsp's are cool, and really a simplification !
>> Stripes is really a big improv.
>> I just need to find the time to catch up with most of your changes.
>> In parallel I'm making some js enhancements, especially on the editor
>> front.
>>
>> But currently I have no working environment, so it's hard to start tracing
>> and fixing stuff.
>>

>> dirk
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Andrew Jaquith
>> <andrew.r.jaquith@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Dirk!
>>>
>>> I understand what you mean about the changes to the templates  But the
>>> templates are finally done. I don't expect them to change much more. The
>>> most difficult work is behind us.
>>>
>>> If ypu think it would speed things along, we could have a quick call
>>> (iChat?) about the Javascript issues.
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>

>>> On Feb 7, 2010, at 13:12, Dirk Frederickx <dirk.frederickx@gmail.com>
>>> wrote: