jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Florian Holeczek (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JSPWIKI-333) language selection/detection doesn't always work
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:35:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-333?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12627226#action_12627226

Florian Holeczek commented on JSPWIKI-333:

The patch is problematic; it invokes a regexp parser up to three times for each request. This
is a bit heavy, especially since the parsed stuff is quite easy.
I know, but it's a correct solution. It wouldn't  be that heavy if it weren't that many requests.
Somewhere I saw a FIXME which addressed caching of this locale. Didn't do this, because I'm
quite busy at the moment. Just wanted to show where the problem is and how to fix it.

de_de is NOT a valid locale code; it needs to be de_DE. The country codes are in uppercase.
Perhaps this is the problem?
You're right, but this wasn't the problem. From the web interface comes "de_de" which got
written in the Locale.language while Locale.country was empty.

> language selection/detection doesn't always work
> ------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: JSPWIKI-333
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-333
>             Project: JSPWiki
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Localization
>    Affects Versions: 2.7.x
>            Reporter: Florian Holeczek
>             Fix For: 2.8
>         Attachments: JSPWIKI-333.JPG, JSPWIKI-333.patch
> JSPWiki doesn't always detect the preferred language from the browser. The intended behaviour
is that if there is no user-pref cookie, the language setting *should* follow the language
of the browser.
> This is a collection of facts from several mails on the list.
> Florian reports:
> {quote}
> I've got a personal wiki installed on Tomcat 6, which runs without this problem. This
installation (v2.7.0-alpha-9) has been upgraded successively from 2.6.
> I've deployed the JSPWiki v2.7.0-alpha-9 on a Glassfish 2ur2 server and get English as
the default language for a not yet configured browser (without JSPWiki cookies), although
it is set to select de-de as primary language. It's the same with Firefox 3 and IE 7.
> However, switching to german language in the user preferences works.
> {quote}
> Janne reports:
> {quote}
> Yup, just checked.  It works on 2.6.3, but not on any 2.8 alpha releases.
> {quote}
> Harry reports:
> {quote}
> I tested against v2.7.0-svn-44   <http://zwiki.rabobank.nl/rss.rdf>, it doesn't
work there.
> I checked the source of the latest version, could not find anything reading the Language
header, just reading the cookie contents (mainly Preferences class).
> Some additional testing (all with FF3 on XP) confirm the same results as Janne :
> v2.7.0-svn-44 ==> doesn't work
> v2.7.0-alpha-9 ==> doesn't work
> 2.6.3-rc-2 ==> works
> {quote}

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message