jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Patch procedures
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:41:53 GMT
Hi Murray,

It's usually documented in the project's "get involved" page, which
we don't have yet.

Take a look at http://openjpa.apache.org/found-a-bug.html for how to
submit a patch.

Basically, most projects use jira and svn, and there is a standard
process:

1. File a jira at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI.
2. Create a patch by going to the trunk of the repo and doing e.g.
svn diff >jspwiki-12.patch
3. Upload the patch.

In our case, there's no svn repo in Apache yet, so the process is
different. But that's how it will work when the repo is moved over.

Craig

On Dec 11, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Murray Altheim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suppose it might be time for me to get with the programme. I've been
> swamped with my own stuff for a long time now but rather than sending
> a patch to the list I'm guessing it'd be preferred that I do it the
> Apache Way, which unfortunately I have never tried to do, nor have I
> managed to keep track of any emails that were sent through over the
> past few months outlining how this works.
>
> I've got a relatively benign patch that could serve as a trial run,
> changing from the current void to a boolean return on
>
>    public static synchronized void addWikiEventListener(
>             Object client, int type, WikiEventListener listener )
>
> in com.ecyrd.jspwiki.event.WikiEventUtils. Turns out I actually need
> that returned value and it's easy to derive.
>
> Is there some handy documentation or help on how I would submit a
> patch?
>
> Murray

> Murray Altheim <murray07 at altheim.com>
> ===  = =
> http://www.altheim.com/murray/
> = =  ===
> SGML Grease Monkey, Banjo Player, Wantanabe Zen Monk
> = =  = =
>
>       Boundless wind and moon - the eye within eyes,
>       Inexhaustible heaven and earth - the light beyond light,
>       The willow dark, the flower bright - ten thousand houses,
>       Knock at any door - there's one who will respond.
>                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!