jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: JMeter: Register plugin into Tools-menue
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:03:21 GMT
Hi Arnold,

sending this to the users mailing list, as others might be interested in
the topic, too and my answer might be completely wrong.

Am 24.01.20 um 09:41 schrieb arnold.strasser@outlook.com:
> Hi Felix!
>
> The mailing list wont accept my subscription due to an nay-saying error, sorry for writing
you directly. Anyways, I hope you can help me out here! :)

Wouldn't it be better to address that problem than to ignore it?

> I am currently writing a plugin to ease some company-internal workflows via JMeter. Is
there any (easy) way to extend the newly added "Tools" menu with custom entries?

I think you have to add a MenuCreator class. That class will then be
called during JMeter's initialization and can be used to attach menu
entries to the tools section.

I looked at JMeterMenuBar#findMenuCreators, JMeterMenuBar#makeToolsMenu
-- which calls JMeterMenuBar#addPluginsMenuItem(_, _,
MENULOCATION_TOOLS) -- and CompileJSR223TestElements.

Perhaps you would like to extend the docs on plugin development to
include an example of extending the menu bar (after you have finished
your task at work :)

Grüße aus Deutschland

 Felix