jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alan Tan <A...@webroot.com>
Subject Probably Not a Bug
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2020 21:01:47 GMT
Hello Developers,

I have a question regarding throughput controllers in Jmeter. I've read all the documentation
I can find as well as Stackoverflow and I can't seem to find anyone with my issue, which leads
me to believe I must be doing something wrong. For the past few projects I've noticed that
the throughput controller will cause a "uncaught exception: Stackoverflow" error in Jmeter.
It's a bit inconsistent to produce but it happens often enough with my project that I'm concerned.
I've also checked the jmeter log and "StackOverflowError: null" is as specific as it gets.

I have the throughput controller set to limit total samples executed for a thread group. For
example, I only want 100K total samples for each thread group and I have 8 thread groups.
In each thread group is a very simple post request with variables read from CSV file, and
only contain two assertions to make sure it's a valid post request (OK stsmsg and 200 code).
I at first believed that this issue popped up from the throughput controller suddenly killing
all threads after it reaches the quota, I try verifying this with 3 users and a throughput
of 5 requests total. And I had a similar "stackoverflowerror" as mentioned previously.

I'd appreciate some clarity on what could be causing this uncaught exception.