jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: How does the MD5 checksum work when I load a large file?
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2019 10:09:24 GMT

Am 05.06.19 um 07:16 schrieb Li Jingtong:

> Hi
>

> I am a jmeter user, the backaground on my side is:
>

> Here onmy side, I do load testing through http request, the response
> file is large, about 3.7GB
>

> Then I enable the checksum on the advanced tab of the sampler.
>

> What I want to consult is:
>
> I could get an MD5 checksum file when the Md5 hash is enabled, but
> also  the file could be downloaded on my local?

I don't understand what you mean by this? Can you try to explain it a
bit more detailed?

> I could see the interactive packages through wireshark tool, are they
> dropped?

The data has to be downloaded completely for JMeter to be able to
compute the hash, so yes, it is expected that all packages are seen by
wireshark.

> And when the object is encrypted to the hash string?

The computation of the hash sum is currently done by the http sampler.
The input stream from the http client is read in small pieces and added
to the MD5 hash computation.

Felix