jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Warren Post <war...@spideroak-inc.com>
Subject Attempting to view response data in view results tree fails
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 18:58:45 GMT
After running a test in the GUI, I press the response data button in the view results tree.
According to a tutorial I am following, I should see the response of the server I tested.
Instead the view results tree portion of the JMeter GUI freezes, GUI elements may appear misplaced,
and there is no apparent way to view the server's response.

I installed first OpenJDK 12.0.1 and then JMeter 5.1.1 on Mac 10.14.5 using Homebrew. I launch
JMeter via a terminal. When I trigger the GUI problem, stdout says:

Uncaught Exception java.lang.ClassCastException: class
javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocument cannot be cast to class
jsyntaxpane.SyntaxDocument (javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocument is in
module java.desktop of loader 'bootstrap'; jsyntaxpane.SyntaxDocument is in
unnamed module of loader org.apache.jmeter.DynamicClassLoader @2a84aee7).
See log file for details.

The final entry in jmeter.log (attached) has a timestamp that corresponds to triggering the
GUI problem.

Searching both this forum and elsewhere I can find no other reports of this problem, so presumably
the issue is on my end. What should I be looking at to find and fix my problem?

--

Warren