jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Li Jingtong <l...@cmgos.com>
Subject 答复: How does the MD5 checksum work when I load a large file?
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2019 12:48:20 GMT

Hi Felix

Thanks for your reply.

> > I could get an MD5 checksum file when the Md5 hash is enabled, but
> > also  the file could be downloaded on my local?
> >
>I don't understand what you mean by this? Can you try to explain it a bit more detailed?

Here I mean, if the http response is a large file, for example the file name is: abc.iso (3.7
G)
After testing, there is a MD5 checksum string in abc.iso,  but not the 3.7G iso,  so the original
iso is downloaded in another path?
Or just data is downloaded completely for Jmeter, but didn't write on the disk, but  drop
away after hash computation?

Thanks again. 😊

Am 05.06.19 um 07:16 schrieb Li Jingtong:

> Hi
>

> I am a jmeter user, the backaground on my side is:
>

> Here onmy side, I do load testing through http request, the response
> file is large, about 3.7GB
>

> Then I enable the checksum on the advanced tab of the sampler.
>

> What I want to consult is:
>
> I could get an MD5 checksum file when the Md5 hash is enabled, but
> also  the file could be downloaded on my local?

I don't understand what you mean by this? Can you try to explain it a bit more detailed?

> I could see the interactive packages through wireshark tool, are they
> dropped?

The data has to be downloaded completely for JMeter to be able to compute the hash, so yes,
it is expected that all packages are seen by wireshark.

> And when the object is encrypted to the hash string?

The computation of the hash sum is currently done by the http sampler.
The input stream from the http client is read in small pieces and added to the MD5 hash computation.

Felix