jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Burton <andrewburtona...@gmail.com>
Subject search_path and plugin_dependency_paths property on remote hosts
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 06:32:27 GMT
Hi list,

When running JMeter in master-slave mode, I have a number of JARs that are
in a shared directory which is mounted by all of the slaves when they
launch.

On the master, I use the search_paths and plugin_dependency_paths command
line options to specify that this is where JMeter should look for all the
JARs. This works fine for JMeter when running in non-distributed mode, but
I get the following error on the master when running in distributed mode:

    Apr 12, 2019 2:49:41 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
    INFO: Created user preferences directory.
    Created the tree successfully using
/testartifacts/src/test/jmeter/scenario-eom.jmx
    Configuring remote engine: 10.244.0.25
    Starting remote engines
    Starting the test @ Fri Apr 12 14:49:48 AEST 2019 (1555044588419)
    Error in rconfigure() method java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException
occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
au.com.mycompany.jmeter.reporters.TimingListener (no security manager: RMI
class loader disabled)
    Remote engines have been started
    Waiting for possible Shutdown/StopTestNow/Heapdump message on port 4445

I use -J and -G with no success. Do I need a different way to specify the
classpaths (and the location of the JARs) on the servers?

I don't want to download the JARs to the JMeter directory, as explicitly
setting search_paths and plugin_dependency_paths means I can manage the
JARs in one place, rather than having to do it on each server.

Thanks

Andrew