jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: JMETER throwing 400 bad request but same URl in browser is working fine
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:34:53 GMT

>>> https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview/metadata?key=AIzaSyAhpDEvHFjzUs2zUT8rYGrGjGfX1zPZEWM&location=39.08470153808594%2C-94.5835037231445

>>> Above URL if i hit in browser works fine but in JMETER giving 400 bad
>>> request I tried adding Content-Type with different set as
>>> application/json
>>> also as text/plain nothing worked Even i tried putting these 2
>>> parameters
>>> separately as Name and value with URL encoding selected that is also
>>> didnot
>>> work
>>> New key value can be used is AIzaSyAhpDEvHFjzUs2zUT8rYGrGjGfX1zPZEWM
>>>

>>> <http://www.jmeter-archive.org/file/t344213/image436.png>
>>
>> In your picture you are using the parameter tab for the parameters.
>> Try to use the url field to specify those parameters.
>
> I tried to reproduce your problem and the only thing that came near to
> your failed sampler, was when I used
> https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/... as the Path parameter. All other
> combinations did work (tested on 5.1.1 -- well trunk really).
>
> What version of JMeter are you using (plus OS and Java)?
>
> What is the error message, google sends you?
>
> I try to attach the test plan with the different combinations, but the
> mailing list is known to strip attachements, so it may not be there.
> One sampler should not work (it is named ... - broken)

I think your problem is the ":authority" key in the header manager.
Could you try your request without it, or at least without the leading
colon?

Felix