jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Indu Gupta <indu.gu...@india.nec.com>
Subject Re: Issue with capturing SAML Response
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 09:58:44 GMT
HiHi,

Recently I worked on such kind of env, where multiple applications were required to access
through single sign on.
As per my understanding by reading your query, you are not able to capture SAML  Response
in Jmeter scripts.
If yes, please send me previous API's response.

Regards,
Indu gupta

From: Gunturi, R. <r.gunturi@accenture.com>
Sent: 05 March 2019 15:01:06
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org; JMeter Users List
Subject: Issue with capturing SAML Response

Hi All,

   We had an issue with the application i.e. https://dsm.okta.com . We need help on scripting
in Jmeter i.e. hitting the url which is SSO enabled and open the application from DSM web
site.

Flow:

  1.  To give insight on the flow, we will logon with Windows credentials (Say Ex: XXX user1)
and open the url https://dsm.okta.com post that application will be open (As SSO enabled application,
only user1 will have access to application he can only open directly without entering username/password).

Issue:
Here couple of things needs to understand

     *   URL https://dsm.okta.com is secured web site. Through Jmeter We are able to record
the flow using both options i.e. 1. Jmeter Proxy Recorder and 2. Blaze-meter Chrome extension
add-in.

     *   But while replay as it is SSO enabled application with Windows authentication, We
are able to get SAML request & Relay String but not able to get SAML response from previous
request (which is required ) to send the SAML response to the next request.

     *   Client is not in a position to provide Client Certificates (SSL) for authentication
purpose. (As per client, it might require a large change to their ADFS environment.)

Any body worked with SSO application with out certificates using JMeter. If Yes, Please reply.

Regards,
Ravi

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.