jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rancati <ivan.ranc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Constant Throughput Timer Concerns
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:21:34 GMT
hi,
a couple of ideas

1. It really depends on how long you anticipate a request will take. If you
want 17k request per minute and each request takes 10 seconds (so 6
requests in a minute), start with approximately 17k/6 threads and take it
from there.

2. In general, I think it's better to use slightly more threads and use a
Throughput Timer to limit the throughput. Perhaps it's easier to start with
the Constant Throughput timer.

best,
Ivan