jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "1+ ∞" <wangqiongwucom...@foxmail.com>
Subject 回复: Jmeter 4.0 and jmeter 5.0 comparison
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 02:03:57 GMT
Thank you very much!

发件人: "Philippe Mouawad"<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2019年2月15日(星期五) 凌晨5:00
收件人: "JMeter Users List"<user@jmeter.apache.org>;

主题: Re: Jmeter 4.0 and jmeter 5.0 comparison

Hello,
There is a documented major change in JMeter 5.0 :

   - https://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html#Incompatible%20changes

*Since JMeter 5.0, when using default HC4 Implementation, JMeter will reset
HTTP state (SSL State + Connections) on each thread group iteration. If you
don't want this behaviour, set
httpclient.reset_state_on_thread_group_iteration=false*

We do this, because a new Thread Group iteration is a new user in general,
so the SSL Handshake would occur again.
If a new Thread Group iteration is not a new user for you , set
httpclient.reset_state_on_thread_group_iteration=false

So first thing to do would be comparing same application version  with
JMeter 4.0 and JMeter 5.0 with
httpclient.reset_state_on_thread_group_iteration=false.

If performances are similar, then either a new Thread Group iteration is a
new user and you need to set
httpclient.reset_state_on_thread_group_iteration=true
and then:

   - Either your JMeter instance is overloaded, then increase its CPU
   - Either it' s your application which is not able to handle the SSL
   Handshake efficiently enough

Regards

--
Cordialement.