jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Query on Threads
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2019 22:07:33 GMT
Hi
there is no way to nest thread groups(that I know off) but you can use
sequential thread groups and exchange data between them (using usual
mechanisms of anything shared like a file or db or service or queue)
Thread Group 1 (n threads)
+ Do something
+ Save it somewhere
Thread Group 2 (m threads)
+Read it from somewhere
+Do something else

You can do the same thing in a single thread group by writing more code
Thread group (max number of threads needed)
+If thread number satisifies custom condition
++ Do something
++ Save it in some form
+Synchronizing controller (all threads)
++ read and do something