jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 01:45:07 GMT
Hi

>But the problem is it is not possible to install Java 8 in our environment.
When you say "environment" - if you mean the machines (or your test lab or
laptop) from which JMeter is going to run , because of some organization
policy , ok then yes you cant use a JMeter version that needs Java 8 (If
docker is fine , then so should be any other VM technology that would allow
you to install whatever Java version)

If by environment , you mean your actual application (on which your code
runs), then Marek is correct. Your application and what its running on has
no relation to your test machine. Usually organizations may be slow to
upgrade Java for their actual applications but there is rarely a
restriction that prevents people from doing so on their laptops or test
clients which is why we feel you are mixing up 2 different things.

regards
deepak