jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "glinius@live.com" <glin...@live.com>
Subject Re: Sent request with no User-Agent header
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 06:59:38 GMT
As per  HttpClient JavaDoc
<http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient.html>

*
*

*
> UserAgent: Apache-HttpClient/release (java 1.5)
*

I don't think there is an easy way of disabling this (unless you would like
to go for  Reflection
<https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/javareflection-1536171.html>
)

If you don't want the User-Agent header you can switch to "Java"
implementation, the setting lives under "Advanced" tab of the HTTP Request
sampler (or even better  HTTP Request Defaults
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/why-its-so-important-use-jmeters-http-request-defaults>

, this way the setting will be applied to all the HTTP Request samplers in
its scope and you will not have to revisit each one individually)

Also be aware that according to JMeter Best Practices  you should always be
using the latest version of JMeter
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#use_latest_version>
so consider upgrading to JMeter 5.0 (or whatever is available at  JMeter
Downloads <https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi>   page) on next
available opportunity

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html