jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Podelko <apode...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Best way to compare two results of jmeter
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:02:03 GMT
Marek,
My understanding is no for both questions (from a simple user point of view).

The step involving plug in (where you specify what to do) is named "Publish performance test
result reports" and the input is a jtl file. So it appears that you just need to get the result
file there - and it keeps historic data and do comparison with previous run (so it still should
be a Jenkins job). I haven't found anything about internals yet (well, except https://github.com/jenkinsci/performance-plugin
).

Here is explanation on the Jenkins plugin config page:

This plugin understands the JMeter analysis report XMLformat, JMeter Summariser report text
format,  SOAPUI report in JUnit format, Iago format as recorded while parrot server is running,
and LoadRunner analysis format.
This plug-in does not perform the actual analysis; it onlydisplays useful information about
analysis results, such as averageresponding time, historical result trend, web UI for viewing
analysisreports, and so on.
To use this feature, first set up your build to run tests, then select the adequate parser
for your tests (JMeter, JUnit, or Iago) and finallyyou have to specify the path to the different
performance files. By default the plugin will use the **/*.jtl pattern forJMeter, **/TEST*.xml
for JUnit tests ,**/*.log pattern for JMeter Summariser, parrot-server-stats.log for Iago,
and **/*.mdb for LoadRunner.

There some post with instructions how to setup it like https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-use-the-jenkins-performance-plugin
As per other plugins, nothing special was needed in my case - but there were some plugins
already installed there. My struggle there, for example, was to start JMeter tests remotely
and getting results back to Jenkins (most examples assume that this is on the same machine)
- which I did using "Send build artifacts over SSH" (which, as far as I understand, uses another
plugin) and modifying folder access rights... I guess there are other options to do that.

Regards,Alex