jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prateek Dua <prateek....@go-mmt.com>
Subject Re: Passing response to Jmeter directly ( No .jmx needed)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 07:20:45 GMT
hey Felix,

please find my comments inline

1. lets take one repo for ex - abc company code base.

You mean a code repository in something like git or subversion where your
developers commit their code to?
I guess this is the code for one product that you want to get
load/stress/functional tested, right?

< Prateek - Yes a code repo of git & from this we want their Api to get
load tested >

> 2. Dev Integration suite run automatically moment developer commit code in
> the git repo with the help of hooks.

Is this done by some "standard" tool like jenkins?

< Prateek - Yes .. Webhooks sync with Jenkins >

3. *In continuation - we want our Jmeter suite trigger automatically based
> on request/response received from the API integration suite via proxy. *

This is the point that I don't get at all. Which API integration and what
proxy is meant here? How do they work together and to what JMeter suite do
you refer? Try to explain this step a bit more.

4. Captured API response shall get executed for set performance test
> scenario via Jmeter.

Who or what captures the API calls?

< Prateek - Dev Integration Suite ( Api) as stated in above Step 2. By
Proxy we meant proxy set at Application ( System) level that will capture
request & response of Api.
   Further we want captured requests by Proxy to send to Jmeter directly &
then instruct Jmeter to run test on these requests.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Felix Schumacher <

> Am 04.07.2018 um 15:40 schrieb Prateek Dua:
>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Need your help in automating Jmeter performance suite in integration with
>> the code directly *i.e. reading request & directly passing response to
>> Jmeter without reading from .jmx file.*
>>
> I don't understand, what you want, so I place a few questions below in the
> hope, that the answers you give to those will make your plans clearer (to
> me).
>

>> 1. lets take one repo for ex - abc company code base.
>>
> You mean a code repository in something like git or subversion where your
> developers commit their code to?
> I guess this is the code for one product that you want to get
> load/stress/functional tested, right?
>

>> 2. Dev Integration suite run automatically moment developer commit code in
>> the git repo with the help of hooks.
>>
> Is this done by some "standard" tool like jenkins?
>

>> 3. *In continuation - we want our Jmeter suite trigger automatically based
>> on request/response received from the API integration suite via proxy. *
>>
> This is the point that I don't get at all. Which API integration and what
> proxy is meant here? How do they work together and to what JMeter suite do
> you refer? Try to explain this step a bit more.
>

>> 4. Captured API response shall get executed for set performance test
>> scenario via Jmeter.
>>
> Who or what captures the API calls?
>
> Felix

Prateek Dua | Manager - QA
prateek.dua@go-mmt.com | 9810778750

19th floor, Tower A, B & C Epitome Building No. 5 DLF Cyber City, Phase –
III Gurgaon 122 002, India
<https://www.makemytrip.com/> <https://www.goibibo.com/>
<https://www.redbus.in/>

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.