jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Janine DeBeradinis <janine.deberadi...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Parallel Logic Controller
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 14:30:55 GMT
Ok.

Thanks for the input and suggestion!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Burton <andrewburtonatwh@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 8:06 PM
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Parallel Logic Controller

Yes, it could do.

I wouldn't think of it in terms of threads on the load generator, though, but more in terms
of concurrency of requests to the application you're testing.

In theory you're simulating the client more authentically in that it sends a number of requests
concurrently, and although the request rate may be a little spikier, the same number of total
requests will be made.

Perhaps run a before and after test for both setups, and monitor around outbound connections
on your LG and inbound connections on the application servers to see what the impact is.