jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: JMeter 4.0 - Editing existing JMeter files is VERY flaky
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2018 06:59:12 GMT
> What LAF are you using?
> First upgrade your java version to last minor 1.8
>
> I see you’re using 3rd party plugins, can you try without any plugin ?
>
> Is issue happening only with JSON Extractor or with all elements ?
> Why not switch to Darcula new laf ?
In addition:

Could you take some thread dumps when it happens again?

Which elements in the gui were you visiting before this happens?

Are there any larger (JSON or other) data elements inside your test at
that time?

Have a look at the memory consumption of JMeter and the GC (you can
enable GC-logging in the jmeter
start scripts)

There are basically three ways to stall a java gui. One is to let the GC
constantly run and thus starving the gui thread. The next one is to do
too much inside the gui thread and thus starve it and the last one is to
sleep (wait for locks) inside the gui thread and therefore - you guessed
it - starve it.

So the data you can provide will hopefully show us, which of those three
happens in your case.

Felix