jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Kenworthy <Stuart.Kenwor...@bjss.com>
Subject RE: limit to number of JMeter properties on command line
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:30:52 GMT
Beanshell server port, RMI settings and logging patterns are some settings I have looked at
setting in additional properties files and being unsuccessful.

I have worked in environments where the base JMeter install is read only and configured by
sysadmins so tried to load in additional parameters but only reliable way to get it to use
additional settings is to load in a custom jmeter.properties file using -P in command line.

Granted I have not tried it since v3.0 but as I work with a number of different clients with
different software policies I have to accommodate 2.13 as well as the later releases in my
framework designs.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Schumacher [mailto:felix.schumacher@internetallee.de]
Sent: 15 February 2018 19:37
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Re: limit to number of JMeter properties on command line

Am 15.02.2018 um 14:48 schrieb Stuart Kenworthy:
> Thanks Felix. I have been trying to use this in the past but find it unreliable, especially
when dealing with properties you may want in jmeter.properties or system.properties and don't
have write access to the jmeter directory.
Can you give an example of this behaviour? If it is unreliable it should be fixed. If it is
unexpected (but deterministic) it should be documented.

Felix

> I have written a jmeter_conf package which merges default jmeter properties files with
custom properties files even if you don't have write access to the jmeter install, something
we have come across quite a lot.