jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Burton <andrewburtona...@gmail.com>
Subject Login-specific test data
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:24:09 GMT
 Hi list,

I have a scenario where we authenticate a user into an application, however
each user has visibility only to a subset of total data, so providing input
data for entities needs to be tied to the user login somehow.

As an analogy, user logging in as a "department manager" would only have
visibility on the "employees" in his section.

I thought about something similar to this: https://stackoverflow.
com/questions/40634030/how-to-avoid-duplicate-usage-of-
users-from-csv-file-in-jmeter - but that is tied to a login's place in the
input file, which isn't necessarily guaranteed.

Another option I considered might be having a hashmap of data keyed by the
username it pertains to. So, for example, 1 user login key might have the
value in the hashmap of an array list, which can be randomly selected from
on each iteration.

This starts to get a little complicated, so before I start, I wondered has
anyone else had a similar use case? Curious to see other
thoughts/strategies behind solving it.

Regards

Andrew