jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nayak, Soumya R." <sna...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: JMeter Distributed Load test Query
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 05:48:56 GMT
Hi,

I tried with the below configurations putting IF condition for each slave machine, in that
if condition I have declared User defined variables,
But what is happening its picking up the last IF condition parameters irrespective of machine
IP and machine name.
So please let me know how to handle the condition ??

Regards,
Soumya

-----Original Message-----
From: glinius@live.com [mailto:glinius@live.com]
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2018 4:44 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMeter Distributed Load test Query

 1. You can choose how many threads will be started for this or that slave machine by setting
the number of threads in  Thread Group <http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Thread_Group>
(s) using  __P() function
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__P>   like

> ${__P(threads)}

Once done you can define the desired number of threads on each slave in
/user.properties/ file , i.e. on 1st slave:

> threads=15

on 2nd slave

> threads=25

2. You can switch code execution lines depending on slave machine using  If
Controller
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#If_Controller>
and  __machineName()
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__machineName>   or
__machineIP()
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__machineIP>
functions combination like:

>  - If Controller, condition: "${__machineIP()}" == "10.10.10.11"
>    - requests for slave with IP address 10.10.10.11

3. You can set *mode=Standard* property for all slaves, this way they will
send full results to master as soon as they will be generated. This way you
will be able to "normally" analyse the .JTL results file in the realtime.
See  Using a different sample sender
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/remote-test.html#sendermode>   for more
details.

Reference material:

 1.  Remote Testing <http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/remote-test.html>
 2.  How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter>
 3.  JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf>

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use
of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message
is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying
to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial

messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~