jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "glinius@live.com" <glin...@live.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Testing Scenario
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 07:14:24 GMT
All JMeter slaves are *independent* and execute the same test plan. If you
define 50 users in the Thread Group and will have 1 slave - you will have 50
users. For 2 slaves it will be 100 users, 3 slaves - 150 users, etc.

This is highlighted in one of the first  Remote Testing Documentation
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/remote-test.html>   chapters:

> Note: The same test plan is run by all the servers. JMeter does not
> distribute the load between servers, each runs the full test plan. So if
> you set 1000 Threads and have 6 JMeter server, you end up injecting 6000
> Threads.

So if you need to mimic 1000 users and have 13 slaves each slave should have
something like *77 users*, amend your  Thread Group
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Thread_Group>
settings accordingly as it appears that you have 13 000 instead.

Check out  JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf>

and  How to Perform Distributed Testing in JMeter
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter>
articles for more information if needed.

Also be aware that if you need to simulate 1000 users only my expectation is
that it can be done from a single host, just make sure you're following
JMeter Best Practices
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html>  .

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html