jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Muhammad Nasir <mna...@folio3.com>
Subject Re: Problem with HTTP Sampler Retry - Loggin
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 11:43:30 GMT
I am trying to login to server and sending REST API call. for testing
purpose I am setting Response Timeout = 10 in HTTP Request Defaults.

Summary Results Listener shows that Login Request Failed due to Read
Timeout but I am not seeing any retries for that particular request before
being marked as failed and listener also shows as single request sent.

*Muhammad Nasir*
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
*folio3* Pvt. Ltd.
www.folio3.com
Cell: +92 332 257 9082

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> Why don't you answer my question ?
> What are you doing in your request and what are you expecting ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Muhammad Nasir <mnasir@folio3.com> wrote:
>
> > I have made all the changes and I am expecting failed requests to retry,
> > but unfortunately it is not working. I am also not seeing any log trace
> for
> > this as well.
> >

> > *Muhammad Nasir*
> > Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
> > *folio3* Pvt. Ltd.
> > www.folio3.com
> > Cell: +92 332 257 9082
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Philippe Mouawad <
> > philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > How do you think retry work ?
> > > Do you expect it to retry successful requests ? Any failed call ?
> > >
> > > That's not the case.
> > >

> > > See:
> > > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_
> > reference.html#HTTP_Request
> > >
> > > *Retry handling*
> > > For HttpClient4 the retry count has been set to 0, meaning no retry is
> > > attempted. Note that the Java implementation appears to retry 1 time.
> The
> > > retry count can be overridden by setting the relevant JMeter property,
> > for
> > > example:
> > >
> > > httpclient4.retrycount=3
> > >
> > > httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled=true
> > >
> > > And also:
> > > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html
> > >
> > > httpclient4.retrycount:
> > > Number of retries to attempt. Retry will be done on Idempotent Http
> > Methods
> > > by default. If you want to retry for all methods, see property
> > > httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled
> > > Defaults to: 0
> > >
> > > httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled:
> > > Set this property to true if it's OK to retry requests that have been
> > sent.
> > > This mean that both Idempotent and non Idempotent requests will be
> > retried.
> > > This should usually be false, but it can be useful when testing against
> > > some Load Balancers like Amazon ELB.
> > > Defaults to: false

> is

> > />