jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with HTTP Sampler Retry - Loggin
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 10:59:03 GMT
Hello,
How do you think retry work ?
Do you expect it to retry successful requests ? Any failed call ?

That's not the case.

See:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

*Retry handling*
For HttpClient4 the retry count has been set to 0, meaning no retry is
attempted. Note that the Java implementation appears to retry 1 time. The
retry count can be overridden by setting the relevant JMeter property, for
example:

httpclient4.retrycount=3

httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled=true

And also:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html

httpclient4.retrycount:
Number of retries to attempt. Retry will be done on Idempotent Http Methods
by default. If you want to retry for all methods, see property
httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled
Defaults to: 0

httpclient4.request_sent_retry_enabled:
Set this property to true if it's OK to retry requests that have been sent.
This mean that both Idempotent and non Idempotent requests will be retried.
This should usually be false, but it can be useful when testing against
some Load Balancers like Amazon ELB.
Defaults to: false

--
Cordialement.