jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel execution and Distributed setup
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 19:12:49 GMT

On 10/18/17 11:36 AM, emilian.bold@gmail.com wrote:
> As far as I know, JMeter is not multi-document aware. So it will no edit/run multiple
test files. The same I believe applies to the "server" remote instances.

Correct. I am not running multiple JMX with a single JMeter instance.
Instead, running multiple JMeter instances each with different single
JMX file. This works locally (without distributed setup).

> You could use the same machine for multiple load tests if you start multiple Jmeter instances
using different ports.
Can I still be able to use same remote nodes? As I have mentioned in my
original e-mail, after first JMeter test is started, the second one
fails because remote nodes are busy.

Thanks for the response.

> --emi
>
>> On 18 Oct 2017, at 17:37, Rallavagu <rallavagu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have a setup of distributed testing with JMeter. I am trying to run two JMX tests
in parallel (using shell script) against same cluster. I have tested parallel run of two jmeter
tests locally without cluster and it works. However, I notice that after first test is started,
the second test is failing as remote nodes are busy working on the first test. I would like
to know if this is the expected behavior (which seems obvious) or is there a way that we can
make make use of same remote nodes for second test at the same time?