jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject CriticalSectionController: Lock global_lock not released
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:58:17 GMT
Hello,
It has been a while since I've participated in the users' list..

I am running a stress test with multiple thread groups and I'm using the
Critical Section Controller to prevent a specific action from taking place
multiple times on the same time.

I notice that the results are much lower than the required throughput I
plan to achieve.
After looking into the jmeter logs I notice many of my threads were
actually "locked" waiting for the critical section and this is the reason I
am not reaching my target RPS.

The log show entries such as:
WARN  - jmeter.control.CriticalSectionController: Lock global_lock not
released in:Critical Section Controller, releasing in threadFinished

'global_lock' - is just the default text used in the controller. But it
clearly shows that at some point one of the threads keeps the lock busy
which in turn just block the others.

Some ideas/questions:
Maybe it would make sense to have a timeout on the lock?
Is it possible that an exception raised inside the critical section,
prevented it from being released?
The main suspect I have in my test plan is a Test Action element I use
which is set to "Go to next loop iteration" in some cases, maybe that's the
one which doesn't release the critical section?...

Would it help if I take a thread dump and share it here?
Should I open a defect in Bugzilla for that?
Has anyone faced such an issue before?

Best,
Shmuel Krakower.