jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mathilde.duchos...@laposte.net
Subject Re: Download of JMeter zip blocked by anti-virus
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 16:40:32 GMT
Ok, the point is closed.

As recommended by the official Apache JMeter web site, I used an official mirror site.

I tried these 2 official French mirror sites:
  http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/apache/
  http://apache.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.apache.org/dist/
and systematically got a reject by McAfee Web Gate, respectively with the messages
  "BehavesLike.Java.Exploit.xm"
  "BehavesLike.Java.Suspicious-JAR.zv"

Only after the mirror sites I tried Apache's official sites
  http://www-eu.apache.org/dist/
  http://www-us.apache.org/dist/
and these are fine.

I conclude that either something is wrong on the mirror sites or McAfee WG is overzealous...

MD

----- Mail original -----
De: "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com>
À: "JMeter Users List" <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Envoyé: Mardi 3 Octobre 2017 17:32:14
Objet: Re: Download of JMeter zip blocked by anti-virus

On 3 October 2017 at 15:55, <mathilde.duchossoy@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi JMeter experts !
>

> The download of JMeter 3.3 (apache-jmeter-3.3.zip) is systematically blocked by my corporate
anti-virus (McAfee Web Gate).

> The zip would contain a virus, the following message is issued: "BehavesLike.Java.Suspicious-JAR.zv"

> Before I reach out the McAfee WG administrator, I would like to know if something is
wrong with the zip content ?

> Same observation with JMeter 3.2 zip archive.
>
> In advance, thank you very much for your help.

What URL did you get the zip files from?

Did you check the signature as recommended here:

http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

Or did you at least check the hash?

The KEYS, sig and hashes must be downloaded from

https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS
and
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/binaries