jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need some help with HTTP responses and Assertions.
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:32:05 GMT
Im not sure I understand your issue exactly but hopefully this will clarify
a couple of things.

In JMeter , every request/response can be asserted against , but there are
a couple of flags that control whether you can do it on JMeter with some
implications for your test case.
The way I understand your issue is you are logging in , and then there are
a bunch of redirects that take you to the home page (or some page) and you
are writing asserts for this final page , but you'd rather write asserts
for the first post ?
The HTTP Request in JMeter has the Follow Redirects which controls whether
JMeter automatically follows redirects - If you do not want to this , then
uncheck it. Once you do that you can inspect /assert the response returned
. However your test script has to change to extract the URL being
redirected to and then a new sampler that actually makes a new request for
this URL.(You can use transaction controllers if you want both individual
times and grouped up times)

So effective you can either do
Request 1 (Follow Redirects = true, redirect automatically false)
   (Request 2,3,4,..n)
   Assert final

OR
Request 1(Follow redirect = false, redirect automatically false)
+Assert1
+Regex extract , extract Location header into say url2)
+Assert 3xx response code

Request $url2 (follow redirects or not as required , if not then each
redirect needs its own request)

Note however in most systems there is really nothing to assert against in
Request 1 (other than status codes , if the system is issuing a redirect )
because there wont be a response - youll have to use a browser tool to
understand the request/response for your application

regards
deepak