jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Burton <andrewburtona...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Post-Processor execution order
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 02:35:49 GMT
Hi,

Is there any way to control the execution order of post processors that
apply globally vs. those that are sampler-specific?

My use case is that I want to record sampler-specific MDC elements within a
sampler’s post processor, and have a generic post processor that does the
logging. E.g. Get the exact error message in the sampler’s post processor
(and the response payload may differ from sampler to sampler, hence the
need to have a sampler-specific post processor), and have a generic thread
group post processor which logs a message if the request fails.

For example, the tree would be:

Thread Group

+-JSR223 Post Processor A

+-Sampler

  +- JSR223 Post Processor B

+- JSR223 Post Processor C

The sequence order appears to be:

Sampler

Post Processor A

Post Processor C

Post Processor B

If I add specific items to the MDC in Post Processor B, then with the above
execution order, they won’t be available in A or C.

Would be keen to hear from others who’ve used MDC for additional logging
similar to this.

Regards

Andrew